[ad_1]
(Bloomberg) – The US last month banned the visa to the current and former Thai officials involved in the return of 40 UYGHurs in China, US State Secretary Marco Rubio said on Friday.
The state secretary said in a statement that Visa Karb is part of a new policy to counter China’s efforts to forcibly return China’s Uyghs and other groups, the state secretary said in a statement. He said that members of the Chinese minority group are subject to torture and disappearance and the new visa ban policy would apply to any government officials who send Uygar back to the Asian country, they said.
He said, “In the light of crimes against Chinese massacre and crimes against the humanity against Uygers, we call governments around the world not to forcibly return Uygar and other groups to China,” he said.
The US did not identify Thai officials, who would face visa sanctions. It said that some family members of targeted persons may also be subject to measures.
Earlier this month, Thailand defended exile on 27 February, stating that this was the “best solution” to avoid a backlash from Beijing. South East Asian Countries – A long -standing partner of America – to promote its lack of economy, has demanded a major source of foreign investment to deepen relations with China.
China has repeatedly accused the US and other countries against the abuses against the abuses, a Muslim minority who lives in the North -Western Shinjiang region. Beijing has come under international pressure to subjugate them under forced labor in preventive centers and shifted programs that take them out of their homes in rural areas to work in factories in urban areas. China has denied the allegations.
Such more stories are available on bloomberg.com
[ad_2]


