[ad_1]
Nationalist Congress Party (SP) chief Sharad Pawar on Tuesday hinted at retiring from politics. The senior politician said he had contested elections 14 times and stressed the need to hand over the responsibility to the new generation.
Pawar made the comments during his visit to Baramati to campaign for party candidate and grandson Yugendra Pawar, who will take on his uncle Ajit Pawar in the Maharashtra Assembly elections to be held on November 20.
Pawar said that after the completion of his Rajya Sabha tenure, he will consider whether to leave his parliamentary post or not.
“I am not in power. I am in Rajya Sabha and the last one and a half year is left. I have contested 14 elections so far. How many more people will I contest against? Every time you have made me win the election. I should stay somewhere. A new generation must be brought in,” Pawar was quoted as saying by ANI.
The former chief minister said he would continue to do social work and there would be no need for any elections, adding, “I will not contest Lok Sabha elections. I will not contest any election.
Pawar’s Rajya Sabha tenure will be completed in 2026.
Meanwhile, addressing a public meeting in Shirsuphal, Pawar acknowledged the contribution of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar in Baramati, but stressed that the region needs new leadership for its development for the next three decades.
“Now, the time has come to prepare for the future. We need to groom leadership that will work for the next 30 years,” the former Union minister said. He said that everyone should get opportunities and he has never held anyone back.
Taking a clear dig at Ajit Pawar, he said that if someone keeps saying that he will take everything, people will not say anything but will reject it.
Pawar further said that although he has not come to seek votes recently, the people of Baramati have never disappointed him.
[ad_2]


