[ad_1]
Malayalam film Marco, which is called the most violent film ever in the language, will not get satellite streaming rights, as the Regional Office of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has rejected a petition by its manufacturers for ‘Certificate’ to ‘UA’ to ‘UA’ for ‘UA’. ,Also read: Marco star Unni Mukundan says that the film will not impress people to go to ‘Killing Spree’: ‘Nothing happened after KGF’,
Marco denied satellite rights by CBFC
On February 19, the Regional Examination Committee turned down the application of Marco Producers for category adaptation, CBFI regional officer T Nedem Thufali on Wednesday told PTI.
One of the biggest grossers with Unni Mukundan and ‘A’ certificate, the film was released on December 20 last year. The film has been streaming on the OTT platform Soniliv since 14 February.
Thufali said that satellite rights are given in films with ‘U’ or ‘UA’ certificates. He said that films have been classified and certified on the basis of their content.
Parents should be cautious to ensure that children do not watch movies with excessive violence, said, the committee has a formal recommendation to the Center that the film’s streaming should also be banned on OTT platforms. “However, CBFC has no regulatory powers on OTT streaming,” he said.
Censor Board member GM Mahesh said that many private complaints have been filed by citizens thinking that CBFC has powers to check OTT streaming. “This is why we have made a formal request at the ministerial level,” he told PTI.
Marco Makers React
Marco, written and directed by Hanif Adani, was quoted by political, social and cultural personalities as one of the recent incidence of crime in Kerala, glorifying violence and misleading youth.
Meanwhile, the film’s producer, Sherif Mohammed, defended the film, saying that the writer-director would have to show on the screen what is necessary for the subject of the film. “This is not cinema that should change, but our approach,” he said.
Marco was not the first film with the violence shown on the screen, he said, all the warnings were displayed properly in theaters before the screening.
However, he said that reports of increasing violence among youth in the state are scary. He said, “I will not make any film that clearly promotes violence from here.”
[ad_2]


