[ad_1]
Following the molestation allegations leveled by women employees against West Bengal Governor Dr CV Anand Bose, Kolkata Raj Bhavan on Wednesday said it is ready to show CCTV footage related to the case to 100 people, but Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and her police. No. ,
Kolkata Police had requested Raj Bhavan to share CCTV footage regarding the allegation of molestation. However, the Governor instructed his staff not to cooperate with the police.
Raj Bhavan Kolkata said in a post on X (formerly Twitter) that the Governor of Bengal has launched the ‘Sach ke Samne’ programme.
The post reads, “Raj Bhavan is not sparing CCTV footage of an incident which is under illegal and unconstitutional police investigation.”
Raj Bhavan asked the public to send requests by email or phone to attend the event and promised that the first 100 people would be allowed to watch the footage inside the Governor’s House on Thursday morning.
“The Governor has decided that the CCTV footage can be viewed by any citizen of West Bengal – except for politician Mamata Banerjee and her police stance, which is in the public domain,” the post said.
A contractual female employee of Raj Bhavan has lodged a written complaint with the Kolkata Police accusing the Governor of molestation in the Governor’s House.
Earlier on Monday, Bose termed the allegation as an “absurd drama” and termed Mamata’s politics as “dirty”.
The Governor claimed that the CM had “dragged” him into politics amid the Lok Sabha elections and asserted that even ‘God’ would find it difficult to ‘save’ the TMC supremo. The TMC government is currently in a standoff with Bose over molestation allegations leveled against him.
Unlock a world of benefits! From informative newsletters to real-time stock tracking, breaking news and personalized newsfeeds – it’s all here, just a click away! log in now!
Watch all politics news and updates on Live Mint. Download Mint News app to get daily market updates and live business news.
more less
Published: 08 May 2024, 09:05 PM IST
[ad_2]


