[ad_1]
,
John Yuliot, who resigned last week after working as a Pentagon spokesperson, followed the statements of three top defense department officials, who were allegedly fired amid leak investigation and said he was not told that he was being investigated or if there was a leak investigation.
A 44 -year -old former Fox News Host and National Guard Officer Hegseth, already being investigated in a signal chat group to share confidential information, giving details of a adjacent attack against Houthi Terrorists in Yemen. The group included Trump’s top officials as well as journalist Jeffrey Goldberg, who wrote about the episode for The Atlantic.
“President Donald Trump has a strong record of keeping his top officials into account,” Ullyot wrote in a column for Politico on Sunday. “Given that, it is difficult to see the Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth in his role for a very long time.”
Trump refused to remove Hegseth or National Security Advisor Mike Waltz, who set up a signal chat on the episode. The Inspector General of Pentagon is investigating the incident at the request of two top senators.
The New York Times reported on a second signal chat on Sunday, stating that Hegseth shared sensitive information about military attacks in Yemen, including his wife and brother.
Pentagon spokesperson Sean Parnell said in a statement posted to X, “Times and other” disgruntled former employees are taking the complaints of the employees as the only source for his article. They only trusted the words of those who were fired this week and a purpose of sabotage of the secretary and the President’s agenda is seen. ”
Parnell said, “There was no classified information in any signal chat, even if they try to write the story.”
The White House did not immediately return the request for the remarks made on Sunday evening.
Such more stories are available on bloomberg.com
[ad_2]


