[ad_1]
(Bloomberg)-Sudan’s army removed the central Khartum, including the International Airport, an official said, there would be a significant turn in the two-year civil war, close to route to a faster aid forces from the capital.
Major-General Zafir Omar said on Wednesday, “The game is over in Khartum City.”
Sudan’s army, which has been struggling with the RSF paramilitary group for control of the North African nation since April 2023, has removed the country’s center and south health in recent months. It confiscated the President’s palace in Khartum last week and is moving forward to pursue the militia from the capital.
The video online showed the streams of RSF fighters, which ran across a bridge connected to the Jebel Avalia Dam in the south of Khatum, while citizens in other parts of the city celebrated the army in advance.
The RSF led by Mohammad Hamdan Daglo had organized the airport and the city center since the early days of a conflict that could kill more than 150,000 people. The group still controls large parts of the western Sudani region to a large part of Darfur.
Although the army appeared ready to regain the control of the capital city and its surrounding groups, the fight with RSF continued in anger in the Vishal Darfur region.
The Center for Information Rejylines, a London-based non-profit group, verified footage on Monday night posted a deadly air strike by Sudani Armed Forces, who hit a crowded market in North Darfur.
At least 300 people were killed in Tora village, according to Adam Rigle, a spokesman of the coordination committee, a worker group, a worker group, who documented atrocities in Sudan. Bloomberg could not verify the figure independently.
The human rights group of emergency lawyers said in a statement that the strike targeted the “densely populated” area with citizens and formed “systematic war crime”.
(Update with full details, including air strikes in Darfur from the seventh paragraph.)
Such more stories are available on bloomberg.com
[ad_2]


